Requisition ID: 41928
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our energy expertise in the oil and gas sector comprises the entire value chain - upstream, midstream, and downstream; and in the power sector includes thermal, nuclear, waterpower, renewable, hybrid, transmission and distribution, and grid modernization. Join our vision of a low-carbon world and help make positive change!
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking Hydropower Engineers with technical leadership experience to join the Energy team in Australia.
The global energy transition is upon us. As we shift to a low carbon world, meeting the growing demand for energy will require revolutionary thinking and a variety of resources. While the market is challenging, these challenges present the biggest opportunities and – catalysts for change.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Manage hydropower projects from concept to construction. Projects will generally be concentrated within the hydropower and water resources sectors.
- Prepare detailed technical reports, drawings, specifications and correspondence.
- Maintain and developing client relationships.
- Identify key opportunities in the hydropower and dams field with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
- Develop business, writing proposals and presenting to clients.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers, designers and technicians.
- Undertake technical reviews of documents and technical drawings prepared by the team.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with practical experience in Hydropower Engineering.
- 15+ years post-graduation engineering experience.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, and licensed to practice in Australia
- Demonstrated experience in hydropower or large water dams.
- Leadership skills with a proven aptitude to mentor and develop junior engineers, designers and technicians.
- Team focused with excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of multidisciplinary projects.
- Client responsive with a history of successful business development.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to travel within Australia and Internationally on short term assignments as required
If you’d like to apply click the “Apply” button now.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.