|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: Gladstone, QLD
Are you ready for your next step to grow within a company that supports progression and development?
As Aurizon continues to thrive in 2021, we’re looking for a Control and Communications Systems Technician to join our team!
About the role:
We are currently seeking a dedicated individual to join our Gladstone team as a Control and Communications Systems Technician on an 8-day fortnight roster. This position will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of control and communications equipment.
- Conduct routine and corrective maintenance & repair tasks
- Maintain accurate records and associated documentation
- Fault rectification, testing, and commissioning/decommissioning of assets
- Relevant reporting as required
- Ensure adequate levels of inventory are maintained to support scheduled work
- On call/standby duties as required
- Current Drivers Licence (Mandatory)
- Certificate III in Telecommunications Technology
- Certificate IV in Rail – Communications and Network Systems
- ACA Base Cabling licence
- Restricted Electrical Work licence
- High level of skill in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of assets
- Substantial knowledge of functions, defects & fault rectification, testing and commissioning/decommissioning of network systems
- Ability to interpret technical instructions and drawings
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the supervision & leadership of staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers