|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in building and executing comprehensive, dynamic training programs, in a retail and/or consumer electronics environment.
- Well versed in adult learning and blended learning methodologies.
- Capable with instructional design, delivery and evaluation of training solutions.
- Interest in consumer electronics and computing, and the technical details of these products.
- Understanding of the Australian and New Zealand retail landscape, and experience working with various retail partners.
- Track record of effectively managing strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the job
The Chrome OS Go-To-Market (GTM) team plays a critical role in growing the Chrome OS (Chromebook) ecosystem globally by collaborating with a variety of external Chrome OS partners including OEMs, Retailers, and other strategic partners.
As the Chrome OS Partner Training Manager for Australia and New Zealand, you will play an important role in our success. You will be responsible for overseeing consumer Chromebook partner (OEM and retailer) education in the region, ensuring that retail sales associates and other customer service staff are knowledgeable about Chromebooks and recommend it to customers.
You will accomplish this by managing local training programs and projects, delivering successful training sessions, working with our field teams, and collaborating closely with internal teams, including Global Partner Training, Sales, Retail Operations and Marketing, as well as by developing robust external relationships with key retailers and OEMs.
Your experience in learning and development, combined with your background in retail, will allow you to build a training strategy and deliver educational experiences that are engaging, memorable, and fun.
The Business Operations and Strategy team at Google plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company. Also known as "BizOps", the group operates like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. BizOps creates strategies for promoting growth of our products like YouTube, Chrome and Mobile. They handle issues around partner development, strategy work in emerging markets such as Africa and India, as well as pricing strategies across our B2B and consumer products. The BizOps team is at the forefront of Google's fast-moving strategic priorities, addressing operational challenges and enabling innovation.
- Oversee local Chromebook partner education (OEM and retailer) in collaboration with our central teams and coordinate training events and Ambassador/engagement programs that create delightful experiences for retailer sales associates.
- Manage the local execution of formal and informal training across all retail partners, including instructor-led workshops, e-learning modules, one-pagers, and demos. Track product knowledge levels and drive improvements through training.
- Cascade globally created content and programs and localise where necessary.
- Track product knowledge levels and drive improvements through training and deliver training and workshops that are engaging, memorable, and fun.
- Collaborate with local third-party vendors and field teams responsible for executing training, and manage relationships with retailers’ training leads.