|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Master's degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Reliability Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing technical teams, team leads and/or managers.
- 5 years of experience in regional-level data center or mission critical facility management, mechanical and electrical operations, working in data centers and building out infrastructure.
- Experience with critical programs in a data center environment.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional business units to meet company goals and standards.
- Expertise of power distribution and HVAC requirements for high-availability data centers.
- Demonstrated effective people management and leadership skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
About the job
The Data Center Infrastructure Operations (DCIO) team is responsible for keeping Google’s global fleet of data centers running smoothly and efficiently. The team installs, commissions, operates and maintains some of the most sophisticated IT equipment, electrical infrastructure, and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, creative, team-oriented group of operators and managers working on a daily basis to operate data centers that are changing the face of contemporary computing facilities.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversee the day-to-day management and implantation of third-party data center (3PDC) teams within APAC. Ensure the priorities are consistent with company objectives, and create strategy for innovative and cost effective operations, focused on total cost of ownership and resource efficiency.
- Ensure appropriate resource levels in the region, optimized for steady state operations with ability to grow for high demands of technical due diligence. Hire, coach and develop a team of managers and technical staff to meet business objectives.
- Oversee the facility operations vendor and programs within the sites. Work with stakeholders to ensure adherence to Service-Level Objectives (SLOs) with vendors and customers, and define and ensure execution of remediation plan for SLO misses with regional scope.
- Work with business partners to set and implement short-term and long-term strategy for 3PDC sites in APAC.