|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to strong growth, Mott MacDonald's leading Advisory team is looking for new team members. You will be joining a diverse team of consultants who are passionate about what they do, with a proven track record guiding our clients, and leading delivery of our State and Country's most critical projects.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior/Principal Geospatial Analyst to join our Advisory team in Sydney. As our Geospatial Analyst you will be responsible for influencing, implementing, and advising our clients to help them deliver outstanding infrastructure.
With experience as a recognised Geospatial Analyst you will be actively involved in strategic roles on our most significant projects and programmes across multiple sectors and win and deliver work for you and your team.
This role will see you:
* Develop and deliver data analytics / geospatial products for digital advisory projects.
* Help promote and enable the use of Digital in NSW and ANZ projects
* Learn and support as required Mott Macdonald products as required
* Provide spatial analysis services as required to Mott Macdonald's business across Transport, Buildings, Energy, Planning and Environment
* Work closely with national GIS team members in ongoing development and implementation of standards for day-to-day GIS processes and data management
* Assist team members in geospatial data digitisation, analysis and mapping for reports;
* Develop and implement spatial solutions to improve decision making;
* Check and process incoming data for quality control and assessment criteria to provide a high-quality formatted database(s) for colleagues and clients to use;
* Assist the team in improving data management and analysis processes by taking part in presentations and training activities to internal users on geospatial data management and GIS.
* Qualification: tertiary qualification in GIS, Software Development, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics and other relevant fields.
* ESRI product suite including ArcGIS Pro, AGOL and Portal a must
* Experience in other GIS's an advantage but not essential (QGIS, PostGIS, Smallworld, MapInfo
* Experiencing in other WebGIS advantageous i.e. GeoCortex, Mapbox, Carto, Cesium
* Spatial databases, design, development, maintenance and administration
* Spatial data ELT (export, transform, load) i.e. use of FME
* Cartographic and graphic design principles
* Experience in open source databases such as MySQL and/or PostgreSQL advantageous
* Interest/skills in other and emerging technologies a plus i.e. Digital Engineering, BIM integration, gaming engines, AR/VR, AI/ML, PowerBI, Blockchain
We work as part of a vibrant and diverse office of engineering, technology and management specialists who work together on schemes which have social and environmental benefits. We also engage with local communities through our outreach work and have an active social scene which is inclusive to all our people.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on iconic projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.