|Job Type:||Full Time|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
AO6Salary: $98,408.79 - $105,087.64per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
SAFETY & WELLBEING
Closing Date:Midnight 18 May 2021
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Safety and Wellbeing team promotes the need for healthy, safe and well workplaces as a key priority and provides key advice and support to QFES staff, volunteers and others within our workplaces to meet their obligations through preventing, preparing for, responding to and supporting recovery from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Reporting to the Manager, Safety and Wellbeing, you will be a key member of the team and will work closely with QFES senior management, staff, volunteers and external stakeholders to ensure positive health, safety and wellbeing outcomes. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and consulting on workplace health and safety strategies, initiatives, policies, procedures and control measures. You will also be responsible for monitoring data sources, effectiveness of control measures, and other health, safety and wellbeing programs and initiatives; and will lead or coach and mentor on topics such as risk assessments, investigations, audits, inspections and systems reviews.
Highly desirable requirements
- Certificate IV or higher in Workplace Health and Safety.
- Qualifications and/or experience in workplace investigation, auditing and/or safety management system design and operation.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Plan, formulate, develop, implement and monitor workplace health and safety management systems and performance standards which establish compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Research, design, develop, implement, and evaluate policies, practices and guidelines to support the QFES health, safety and wellbeing framework.
- Develop documentation, submissions, executive briefs, policies, procedures and reports, and review proposals on health, safety and wellbeing issues and initiatives.
- Provide authoritative advice to management and staff to enhance understanding of responsibilities and improve health, safety and wellbeing outcomes for QFES.
- Develop and conduct presentations, seminars and training programs and design and implement educational strategies for a diverse range of clients, including executive management.
- Manage projects and develop innovative strategies to address emerging health, safety and wellbeing issues.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams and liaise and negotiate with staff in the QFES health, safety and wellbeing consultative network and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct incident and accident investigations including preparation of recommendations and reports.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the "key accountabilities" for this role:
Leadership Competencies Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Teegan Modderman, Executive Manager Health and Wellbeing on phone 3635 2225 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.