|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Asphalt is seeking a responsible, organised and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Project Engineer based in Stonyfell . Reporting to the Contracting Manager – Asphalt, you will be responsible for providing support and project management to the Asphalt projects in the region.
Ideally, you will have the resilience to handle a complex operating environment, deal with rapid change and engage with employees at every level of the organisation. You will be tertiary qualified in the Civil Engineering field mixed with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your organisational and project management skills coupled with the ability to demonstrate strategic, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
Key duties of the role:
- Strong focus on the safe delivery of project packages in civil, electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Supervision of on-site contractor activities and performance
- Analyse, record and report on project risks and mitigations applied to the project
- Control project schedule in conjunction with the Project Team. Provide regular reporting on the project schedule, look ahead and at-risk activities. Review and approve deviations to the project plan and schedule
- Assisting with the management of construction activities in line with the requirements of the SA Worksafe legislation
Key attributes of you:
- A well-developed understanding of best in industry health, safety, and environment practices
- Experience in an engineering role with onsite construction supervision
- A competent professional with an appetite for working in, and enhancing, an inclusive open team
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant Engineering or a related civil construction certification will be highly regarded
- Effective negotiator and competent communicator
- Excellent communication skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Suite including Project
Benefits of Boral:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work arrangements
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
- Established ex-Defence Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring
- Organisation dedicated to being an industry leader in health, safety, and the environment
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with two divisions: the leading integrated construction materials business of Boral Australia and Boral North America, a building products and fly ash business. Employing more than 17,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span 650 operating and distribution sites globally.
We recognise that improved performance and sustainable outcomes for all our stakeholders are critical for Boral’s long-term success. Boral is currently completing a comprehensive portfolio review, looking at all of our businesses and assets, with a view to improve earnings and sustainable growth in the future.