|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PLANT MECHANIC - BULGA
About the role
Based on our customer site at Bulga, we are looking for an experienced and team orientated Plant Mechanic to join a large crew performing inspections, maintenance and repairs on Caterpillar equipment including 789C Rock Trucks, 797F & 793D Mining Trucks, D10 & D11 Dozers, 16M & 24M Motor Graders, 834H & 854K Wheel Dozers. This is a permanent position on the lifestyle roster, 12 hour rotating day/night shifts working just 14 of every 28 days.
- Scheduled planned component change outs (PCR work)
- Service and maintenance
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Breakdown and warranty repair work
Skills & Experience
- CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification
- High risk licence, forklift and working at heights
- Experience working in both workshop and mine site environments
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills and a commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Familiarity with caterpillar equipment is essential
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 27% location allowance
- 15% shift allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 and reference job number 876653.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.