South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s South West.
This role will be based at our Boddington Bauxite Mine which is located approximately 130km south east of Perth where our employees can choose to live in Boddington or other nearby communities. As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in and out on a daily basis, therefore you must live within 1 hour’s drive of Boddington to be considered for this position.
There are two opportunities available. One will be offered as a Permanent Position, and the other as a 16 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to safely execute maintenance work at an operation as per SAP processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions.
- Ensure Compliance to the SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the SAP process.
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Review and request updates to work management and other master data as required
- Adhere to defined standard procedures and apply safe work practices
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations as required
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of maintenance processes, tools, equipment and uses
- Demonstrates commitment to safe work practices and procedures
- Mechanical knowledge and experience within maintenance area for a minimum of 12 months
- Meets the area competency profile required for this position
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- At least 12 months exposure on performing preventative maintenance and/or major component change outs on Caterpillar, Komatsu or Hitachi surface mobile equipment
- Current C class driver’s license
- HR Class driver’s license
- High Risk Work License for forklift
- High risk Elevated work platform
- High Risk Dogman License
- Overhead Crane
- High Risk Basic rigging
- Accredited Working @ Height training
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please Note: This advert will close on the 18th of May 2021