|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join Australia's most exciting new underground mining project. Carrapateena will be a large scale world class mine built and operated by world class people. We are building a modern mine site in South Australia and getting operationally ready for seamless commissioning. This role is now available and we need your help.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
Your new role:
We are seeking a collaborative and innovative Senior - Metallurgist - Projects team member, to join our Carrapateena Expansion Team reporting to the Study Manager – Innovation. This permanent position is responsible for projects focusing on our concentrate treatment and tailings treatment options to add further value along with ore sorting and leaching.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life.
We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what is possible to make lives better.
What we do is centred around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique.
We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference.
For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we?
We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
As a key member of our Carrapateena Expansion team, you will:
- Question the WHY; innovate and think differently
- Be empowered to take responsibility for your own deliverables
- Enjoy our flexible working culture, that focuses on WHAT you deliver, not WHERE
How you will create impact:
- Thinking and acting differently
- Building a culture of respect that enables people to succeed
- Focusing on partnerships and collaboration, not hierarchy
- Enabling superior results through effective planning and agile deployment
- Doing what we say we will do and taking action
- Acting with integrity across all stakeholders
What we value:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an open and innovative team culture based on Agile project management and future ways of working.
- Practical operational experience within processing plants
- Project Metallurgy or chemical engineering roles
- Desirable: Brownfields plant expansion experience.
- Formal qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Processing, Metallurgy or similar.
What does success look like?
- Continuous improvement of the site's safety, environment and community relations performance.
- Innovation, technology and transformation ideas to deliver Carra Expansion as a modern mine.
- Processing and tails test work and design review to integrate innovation ideas into current and future expansion designs.
- Integration and engagement with Carra and Prom Hill met teams, as well as Group Transformation and Study teams.
- Looking to add value to the project outside the traditional Cu-Au concentrate core. By-product generation from tails, further value add by treatment of concentrate, with potential by-product generation, ore sorting and heap leaching.
- Open, transparent, collaboration and sharing of all projects and activities both internally and externally to gain multiple perspectives and help people on a journey of change.
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 14/05/2021