|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to make a difference? Join our extraordinary team!
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Join us and be part of a core, global project in Global Shared Services, drive an operational system through consistency and stability of performance, and lay the foundations for GSS’ ambition to be a strategic asset for Anglo American.
This role will see you bring GSS to the next level of performance in terms of increased productivity, employee engagement and reduction of risk, while setting the foundations for growth.
This is an exciting and newly created role for the business, your opportunity to be at the forefront of change for the GSS organisation, drive operational excellence and continuous improvement practices through the service delivery teams, this is your chance to unlock value for GSS and Anglo American.
The role with see you help transform the GSS teams and service delivery by introducing new process excellence and management practices to the frontline. The Performance Delivery Specialist acts as an 'internal consultant', setting and monitoring the project goals, timing, and driving change by bringing skills, methods and coaching to managers and employees.
- Be catalyst of change to facilitate performance transformation projects
- Understand the overall strengths and weaknesses of a department
- Help local management with the identification, design and execution of improvement actions
- Train managers and front-line personnel on new management practices
- Drive the implementation of the new practices
- Problem solve implementation challenges
- Act as a coach to local teams and managers on change
- Bring structure and knowledge of methodology to guarantee rigor
- Perform process confirmations to ensure the change is embedded
- Embedding continuous improvement disciplines and monitoring team maturity
Specific skills to that will be develop in the role include problem-solving, developing hypotheses, drawing out insights from analyses, operational excellence, automation methodology, influencing, communication, and coaching abilities.
Expectation after delivery of the project will be to progress to other GSS change opportunities, either in a continuous improvement or transformation capacity. This role really is your time to shine.
To be successful in this role and roll out the performance transformation in different areas ensuring benefits are sustained post-implementation you will possess the following experience:
- Relationship-building expertise: you will be able to implement initiatives that support both organisational and stakeholder benefit.
- Flexibility and able to proactively manage changing priorities, while being meticulous in your recording and outcome delivery.
- You will have experience in planning and delivering projects both as a solo analyst or as part of a team
- Experience doing shop-floor process and management practices observations and conducting analysis
- Ability to Identify automation opportunities
- Co-designing and planning improvement actions with area managers
- Experience preparing and facilitating workshops
- Coaching employees on Operational Excellence methodology
- Managing the project on a day-to-day basis
- Advise and influence GSS Service Leads (Band 5) on ongoing operational performance
This role will also see you work across Functional teams of Finance (eg Accounting Services, Accounts Payable) and HR (eg Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Learning).
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, working Monday to Friday based in our Brisbane Corporate Office.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
14 MAY 2021
Please note, screening and interview mat take place prior to closing date - applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.