At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About our Operation
The Saraji open cut mine is a coal mine located near Dysart in the Central Queensland region of Australia. The mine is located 200 kilometres south west of Mackay and 60 kilometres south east of the mining town of Moranbah. The Saraji Coal Mine has coal reserves amounting to 648 million tonnes of coking coal, one of the largest coal reserves in Asia and the world. Coal produced at the Saraji mine is exported to overseas steel makers in India, the Americas, Europe, East Asia and South Asia.
About the Role
Reporting to the Projects Superintendent will take a lead role within a high performance team focused on the safe and effective delivery of the project portfolio. You will focus on effective, safe delivery of the portfolio and building overall capability within the team while working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the best outcome for the business.
This opportunity is being offered at our Saraji Mine site located near Dysart, Central Queensland on a 5/2 roster (with flexibility).
The successful candidate will have flexible options, or can also select to live residentially in the nearby towns of Dysart or Moranbah.
Your responsibilities include;
- Leading a culture of care through visible safety leadership and an uncompromising commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- Leading, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure opportunities are realised and supported
- Building mutually beneficial cross functional relationships to support delivery of the portfolio and site business plan
- Overall accountability for delivery of a key portfolio of projects including people and resource requirements
- Identification and delivery of improvement opportunities in terms of Safety, Culture and Productivity
- Effective contractor and vendor management inline with site and BHP Processes
Ideally you will be a degree qualified engineer with leadership and project delivery experience within an operating or plant environment. You will have a proven collaborative leadership style with a key focus on strong team performance, stakeholder engagement and reliable delivery of value to the operation.
You will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience leading high performance teams
- Ability to collaborate with others and to communicate and engage with diverse stakeholders
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Commercial acumen including, contract management, financial assessment and investment review and justification
- Project management experience with a record of safe, reliable delivery
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Previous experience working within a mining environment well regarded
How to Apply
Please apply before 17 May 2021
You will be required to complete a video interview as part ofyour application process.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.