|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Utilise your passion for making an impact to our diverse customers
- Work with a broad and dynamic team of bankers and specialists
- Great opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and distinguished SME landscape
Our Wangaratta team are looking for an existing Business/Commercial Banker or an experienced Business Associate ready for a step up into a management role. You will manage an existing diversified portfolio of SME business customers such as Construction & development, Regional Tourism, Transport & Professional Services, whilst growing strong referral sources, community links and new business partnerships as part of a team approach.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key business banking customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in my local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals
- Working with team members
The purpose of my role:
- As the face of NAB, first impressions do matter , and I am genuinely enthusiastic about spending quality time with my customers to deeply understand their financial needs
- I am passionate about making a positive impact in the local market
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes, whilst balancing the right outcomes and risk
More about the region of Wangaratta:
Thinking of a tree change or looking for the best of both worlds – yes it is possible! Wangaratta is situated in the Northeast of Victoria between Benalla and Wodonga and is only 236kms along the Hume Highway. Here you can take in the best of both words as Wangaratta combines both a vibrant city feel with the beauty of rural and valley areas. The regional economy is exceptionally diverse with Wangaratta being a hub for recreational, commercial, cultural, educational, tourism and health facilities, whilst being surrounding by rich agricultural land that produces high quality produce and world-class wines – perfect for the foodie in all of us.
The town is a key regional city that is located on the Ovens River in North East Victoria which forms part of the Ovens Murray region. The municipality encompasses the Alpine Valleys of the King and lower Ovens Rivers and is a gateway to the Victorian high country and alpine regions. If you want to work close to home, be part of a thriving community and have a lifestyle that envies then take a closer look at Wangaratta – you just might be surprised at what is on offer. To learn more about Wangaratta – click here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. If you’re ready to explore a new role at NAB, we’d love to hear from you!
For more information on mastering a Banker role at NAB, and your career pathways please click here.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.