|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Uplift financial crime compliance across C&IB
- Focus on Sanctions and AntiBribery and Corruption (AB&C)
- Develop and implement strategies to minimise risk
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for an Associate Director to join our team.
As our Associate Director, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching and advice in relation to the management of financial crime risks associated with sanctions and bribery & corruption for C&IB customers.
- Meeting ad-hoc Sanctions, AB&C and regulatory compliance project and strategic uplift deadlines.
- Developing and implementing frameworks to uplift C&IB compliance with NAB’s Sanctions and AB&C Policies and Standards.
- Assisting Relationship Managers in client meetings in regard to very high or very complex customer discussions to ensure the risks are appropriately managed.
- Reviewing very high risk and very complex Sanctions and AB&C requests to provide coaching and guidance to C&IB Operations as required.
- Contributing to a team-oriented work environment that is enjoyable and rewarding for employees and consistent with the underlying objectives of the business
- Proactively managing risk, meeting all policy and compliance requirements, adhering to Process and Procedures pertinent to role; and escalating events, issues or breaches as they are identified (risk accountability forms part of all roles, as everyone is responsible for managing risk and compliance)
What you will bring
- Relevant tertiary qualification such as an undergraduate degree preferred
- Previous experience in a similar Sanctions and/or AB&C role in Australia or globally
- Strong knowledge of Sanctions and AB&C requirements and global regulatory environment
- Knowledge of NAB’s Financial Crime policies and procedures (preferred but not mandatory)
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s systems, procedures, products and services
- Sound knowledge of corporate and institutional client types and structures
- Demonstrated capability to influence outcomes across various stakeholders including senior roles.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & well-being benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.