|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join a company that’s invested in you
- Use your passion to support our customer and communities
- Make your impact in a highly engaged team
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper.
As part of the Analytics and Insights team, you will provide data engineering support to the foundation and capabilities of our data architecture and the end-to-end delivery of data for analytics and visualisation. This is to ensure the delivery of the right data to the right customer at the right time, and at the right cost using the right tools and the right technology on NAB’s target state (cloud) platforms (NDH, NDC, NRP).
Your responsibilities will include
- Support the move, flow and processing of reusable data assets in the Technology and Enterprise Operations space for both Analytics and Insights.
- Engage in the initial stages of business requirements by participating in data sourcing, data gathering and integration processes.
- Assist with the development of target-state data pipelines using big data technologies under appropriate governance and approved framework.
- Assist in the writing and maintenance of process, technical, and business rules documentation.
- Provide DevOps support including but not limited to monitoring the health check of data pipelines and escalating performance issues.
- Investigate incidents through root cause analysis and perform light fixes to failing pipelines.
- Aid the testing of data pipelines and participate in Technical Verification Testing (TVT)/User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure solid and accurate functionality pre and post production deployment.
You will bring
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical fields of study, or similar work experience.
- Knowledge and skills in data engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment.
- Open mindset to learning new ideas and understanding new concepts.
- In-depth understanding of data engineering practices and Big data technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuous improvement and performance optimisation practice ensuring high levels of performance, availability and integrity.
- Strong data analytical skills with data exploratory skills and the ability to investigate and determine root cause
- Knowledge and understanding of data modelling principles and execution of a few models in practice.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Ability to work with diverse data domains.
- Ability to support innovative and efficient solutions to stakeholders’ big data engineering needs.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.