|Job Type:||Full Time|
IS&T Field Technician
- Great opportunity to join a global mining organisation offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities
- Large scope of work supporting Bell Bay Aluminium Smelter
- Permanent residential role – Launceston, Tasmania
- 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, 9 day fortnight
About the role
We are looking for an Operations Support Officer to be a key team member of our IS&T team to provide excellent customer support at our Bell Bay Smelter. This role will be responsible for supporting and improving user experience at the Smelter.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute to a business that is embarking on a significant technology leverage journey.
Reporting to the Superintendent IS&T Bell Bay, and working in a collaborative team within the IS&T Pacific Operations Aluminium team you will:
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly operational checks,
- Respond to client support requests and update on status as required via voice mail, email or in-person communication,
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues,
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop computers, printers and peripherals, telephone and mobile handsets, video conferencing equipment and other relevant office business applications and related infrastructure,
- Install and upgrade operating systems and computer software,
- Troubleshoot networking and connection issues,
- Advise on software or hardware upgrades,
- Provide basic training in computer operation and management,
- Monitor and action service desk requests
- Complete basic server and user administrations tasks such as:
account creation, active directory group membership changes, password changes
- Complete weekly/monthly backup tasks such as tape changes and resolution of failed jobs
- Handle call outs for high criticality incidents
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- ITIL service management plus server and application support experience
- Strong safety focus with excellent customer engagement skills
- Strong and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to build strong relationships built on trust and a strong commitment to service and technical excellence
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Relevant diploma and/or IT qualifications attained from a recognised training provider or equivalent industry experience.
- IT background with heavy industry or mining industry experience.
- Working knowledge of ITIL service delivery and support processes.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.