|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the Supervisor, you will assist in the management of specific operations in the department, aiding the delivery of contract requirements, optimisation of resource use and achieving target results. With your proven experience running a range of roading projects, you'll provide leadership to our Wellington team.
About the role
As our Chip Sealing Supervisor, you will need to plan, organise, direct and control the activities and operations of chipseal surfacing across the region. This will include the management and supervision our sealing crews to ensure optimal resource management. You will also be:
- Working with Foreperson to upskill crew in various roles
- Organising chip to stockpile and reconciliation
- Auditing, inspecting and ensuring a strong health and safety culture is maintained
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met
- Working with the Contract Manager to programme and execute the current and future workload.
You’ll need to have proven previous experience in supervisory/foreperson role preferably within the Civil Engineering Industry and have a strong health & safety focus. You will also bring:
- Knowledge of sealing specifications and procedures & experienced in the use of bitumen or emulsions advantageous
- The ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- A high standard of workmanship
- The ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Strong problem solving skills
- A full drivers licence (Class 1)
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 580352.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.