|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Associate in the Australia Rates Sales team you will be responsible for client coverage and the day-to-day execution of interest rate products primarily in Australia and New Zealand, but also with exposure to broader G10 Rates products. You will transact in these markets across a wide range of clients (asset managers, insurance accounts, pension funds, banks, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, etc). You will join the Sydney-based team who is also part of a wider and growing G10 Rates focused sales team in Asia. You will be working with our partners in Trading in Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo, syndicate and research to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, assisting with the execution of client orders and providing clients with market intelligence. You will be responsible for the trade execution process including trade booking, new issue order taking and general sales back-up across the desk. You will need to demonstrate proficiency in identifying market drivers and product lingo while showing a high degree of interest in learning about other products while developing a cross-product skill set. The ideal candidate has a strong intellectual curiosity, a high degree of organization and attention to detail, and the ability to perform well under high pressure situations with the appropriate degree of urgency.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong understanding of Derivatives with a solid mathematical background.
- We require some experience in a Markets role and a solid understanding of macroeconomics.
- Experience with volatility products would be viewed favorably.
- The role is based in Sydney
- Creative problem solver with ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong understanding of Markets products
- Clear, logical thinker with strong qualitative abilities
- Strong team player that is detail oriented with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and self-manage priorities
- Effective communication skills to interact with internal partners and clients
- Strong proficiency in Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint