At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Contributes to the design of the Radio Frequency (RF) network to support communications across our Minerals Australia operations.
- Applies an understanding of knowledge in Industrial Networks, including long-term evolution (LTE), digital radio, wireless, backhaul technologies and edge computing.
- Periodically creates and maintains new RF model scenarios based on changes to mining operations (quarterly and annually) to support Corporate Alignment Planning.
- Translates user and business requirements into secure, scalable and resilient RF models that meets current and forecasted demand levels.
- Uses appropriate real-time monitoring tools to collect data and detect issues that are impacting infrastructure performance.
- Modifies the capacity and availability of infrastructure assets based on current demand for services.
- Contributes to root cause analysis activities to identify remediation options for basic infrastructure performance issues.
- Performs routine installations and testing to upgrade the functionality of existing infrastructure assets.
- Develops test scripts in line with test standards to analyse and report on infrastructure performance issues.
- Uses appropriate tools and techniques to support with assigned infrastructure deployment activities.
- Completes basic verification activities to confirm that technology infrastructure components are functioning correctly and meet performance compliance standards.
- Supports the delivery/handover of infrastructure solutions by creating clear documentation and plans.
Infastructure Engineering & Configuration
- Applies established engineering methods to build infrastructure solutions in alignment with safety and engineering requirements.
- Supports the installation and configuration of infrastructure components by leveraging configuration management tools.
- Reconfigures software-defined infrastructure layouts in line with current traffic loads by using appropriate tools and services.
- Implements basic upgrades to legacy infrastructure, adhering to relevant standards and reference architecture.
- Knowledgeable on Long-Term Evolution (LTE)-Digital Radio -Wireless -Backhaul technologies-Edge Computing
- Able to successfully complete increased levels of complexity associated with Industrial Networks (i.e. long-term evolution, digital radio, wireless, backhaul technologies and edge computing), identify barriers impeding demonstration and implement course corrective interventions.
- Can direct and manage a program of work relating to Industrial Networks (i.e. long-term evolution, digital radio, wireless, backhaul technologies and edge computing).
- Focus of individuals with this level of proficiency is on enhancing skills and experience in Industrial Networks through the completion of work and outcomes.
- Evaluates information from multiple sources and generates potential root causes for the problem.
- Evaluates problem solving tools/ methodologies and suggests those that are most relevant to the problem.
- Proactively generates solutions to on or off-site problems and seeks feedback on their effectiveness.
- Implements solutions that target and solve the underlying cause of problems.
- Demonstrated experience with industrial networks and Radio Frequency
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.