|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
Nearmap Software Engineer’s bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modelling, large-scale system design, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you will work on projects critical to our needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role we are seeking people with the following experience:
- Service oriented architecture experience with continuous integration and software build tools and a passion for continuous delivery.
- Linux, Cloud environments (AWS in particular).
- SQL, PostGIS, Aurora.
- Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems.
- A passion for continuous improvement, agile methodologies and lean software development.
- A team player, effective communicator, takes initiative, a self-starter.
- Thorough and methodical.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Tertiary level qualification, ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification.
A typical day for you may look like this...
- Designing and developing highly available and performance-critical APIs.
- Building and managing microservices in Kubernetes environments.
- Leading designs of major software components and systems.
- Securely managing Kubernetes and AWS resources.
- Driving adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software.
- Analysing and developing solutions that solve real customer problems.
- Supporting production systems.
- Working closely with wider Engineering team and contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Championing & assisting with implementation of continuous delivery framework.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym membership, phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.