|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Chief Data Steward you are responsible for coaching, developing and managing the data stewards in your team, to get the best out of them, in order to enable our customers to stay “a step ahead in life and business”.
You will take the lead in developing their skills by having continuous performance and career conversations and focusing on team development. You will inspire, develop, embed expertise and encourage innovation within your chapter and tribe. You embrace a culture that is supportive of the One Way of Working and are the role model in your behaviour.
Importantly, the manner of working within a field of expertise, the distribution of specific knowledge/focus areas and the selection of standards to be used are determined in conjunction with the Chapter Leads of associated chapters.
As part of your Data Management Lead position, you will also be required to perform the responsibilities of a Data Steward as needed to achieve the squad's purpose.
What are you going to do? You will be…
- Responsible for managing the team of Data Stewards that support the business and support functions to manage and enable well defined high quality data for bank-wide consumption.
- Interfacing closely with the business domain
- Enable the execution of the Bank’s data governance framework
- Embed data stewardship as a best practice in our information management processes and strategically drive data advocacy towards a true data-driven culture at ING.
- Co-ordinate execution of activities to close gaps in data protection controls, by partnering with data protection working group stakeholders
- Develop and mentor team members to deliver on data management objectives.
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- Experience with the tools to support data governance and data management (metadata management, master data management, data lineage, data quality, etc.)
- Proven leadership experience, either in virtual teams or with direct reports
- 8+ years in business facing roles in an Information Management or Reporting capacity
- High analytic, problem solving, lateral thinking and interpretive skills, proposing fresh and different approaches to meeting business objectives
- Experience providing insights and analysis that are well presented and meaningful to the business to engage with stakeholders at all levels of management.
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Business, Information Systems or an Analytical discipline with a strong ethics and control focus.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.