Last updated 8 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero Practice Manager is a platform for enabling our Accountant & Bookkeeper customers to keep track of their time and manage their jobs. We have an excellent opportunity for a PO to join this team, and work across a complex and exciting project that is helping to define new tools for how accountants and bookkeepers work.
You will be the product leader for a development pod and subject matter expert for the domains that the pod works on. You will need to connect the pods work to the larger practice strategy, and ensure that they understand the direction that the product is going in & how it fits within the larger practice product landscape. You need to be able to champion that vision to your pod.
You will also manage the pods backlog, value slice work, and ensure that the team are delivering value to our customers. You will have strong stakeholder management and communication skills, and you will collaborate with product marketing, CX, Design, Design Research, Clients and other internal client support groups, as well as other POs and BAs.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working with a pod, using scrum or some agile process. You will have a flexible mindset, be a culture driver in the pod and the wider XPM group, and you will grow into the business knowledge side of the role. You will be passionate about solving real life customer problems and you enjoy working with a team to deliver the solutions.
What you’ll do?
- Understanding customer problems; you will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ within our product teams
- Own the delivery of the roadmap, product planning, and requirements for new features and improvements
- Lead a team of peers during the course of projects to drive delivery
- Have a deep understanding of the demands for features and enhancements. This includes listening to, and interacting with, leadership teams, product managers, sales and marketing, product teams and customers
- Research and analyse how potential solutions and improvements should be delivered
- Document findings into specifications, user stories, etc. that will be used as the foundation of the development and testing phases
- Be able to prioritise feature requests, enhancements and bug fixes into an achievable roadmap
- Be able to make clear decisions on prioritisation and scope of minimum viable product
- Be a champion for the customer by collaborating with the design and engineering to develop user stories, wireframes, workflows and solutions that solve real problems for our customers
- Work closely with your product manager and other product owners to ensure alignment with the portfolio and Xero strategy
- Work closely with engineering to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery
- Maintain strong communications with all teams at Xero
- Contribute to cultivating a fun, creative and motivated culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
If you want to work with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in Auckland then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a diverse and inclusive culture that we’re proud of. Whether you’re after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
We’re a big part of the development community and you’ll find Xero’s attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups or mentoring students. We’re really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your real passion for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more fun than elsewhere.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.