|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to take the next step in your career, to broaden your experience or to further develop existing skills?
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Ecologist to join our established and growing Natural Resources workgroup in the Brisbane Environment Group. As the ecology team lead, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the workload of the group, developing and mentoring the team and determining the strategy and direction as part of the broader environment group and a key part of a national technical team. You will be supporting a growing range of projects within the renewable, Defence and resource sectors with your time flexibly divided between field and office, allowing for data collection and interrogation, client liaison, project management and technical report delivery / approval predominately across Queensland.
AECOM has a significant pipeline of work and is looking for a proactive driven individual to support our ongoing success and to help us continue to grow and develop. There may also be the opportunity to provide a national lead role for the right candidate.
About the role
- Project management of ecology projects
- Develop and maintain technical networks
- Team development and mentoring
- Resource management and strategic planning
- Flora and/or fauna species identification
- Technical reporting and impact assessment
- Client liaison and assisting with proposals
- Coordinate/deliver terrestrial ecology field surveys.
- A minimum of five years of relevant ecological experience in Queensland, with prior consulting and team leadership experience preferable
- Experience developing and delivering ecological field programs including baseline and targeted surveys
- Experience in successfully managing projects to deliver high quality outcomes
- Class C, open licence required and experience with 4WD desirable
- Strong people and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, including working remotely in the field, often in rural Queensland.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, specialising in ecology/environmental science
- Post graduate qualification – highly regarded
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data management systems
- Qualified to perform protected plants surveys desirable.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.