|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
About the role
A new opportunity for an income tax and indirect taxes expert has become available within the CPB Group Tax Division. Reporting to the Tax Manager, this is a permanent full-time position based in our North Sydney head office.
This position is required to support CPB and its Group entities ensuring the tax function operates in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Preparing and assisting CPB and its group entities with tax effect accounting, including tax effect of any major transactions.
- Preparing and assisting with the review of Australian income tax returns, FBT returns and BASs, including fuel tax credits.
- Assisting tax audits and/or review by the ATO, internal or external auditors.
- Assisting with tax research and opinions.
- Manage tax risks relating to income and indirect taxes from evolving legislation and communication to management.
- Contributing to tax initiatives, policy/procedures and process improvements.
- Assisting Tax Manager with any ad-hoc tax related enquiries, cross border transactions and/or projects.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders including BU, Projects, HR, Finance, Legal and Revenue authorities, including ATO, State Revenue Authorities and their advisors.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have the following skills, experience and demonstrate the below competencies:
- Strong communication and people management skills,
- Asia, NZ and PNG tax experience highly regarded,
- Excellent organisation skills to deal with conflicting demands,
- Strong work commitment to meet tight deadlines,
- Ability to work autonomously, proactively and independently with Projects and Business Units,
- Advanced Excel skills,
- Up to date technical and research skills.
- CA or Masters of Tax with Big 4 background and commercial experience of minimum 4 years preferable.
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.