|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Research
J.P. Morgan's award-winning global research team plays an important role across all businesses, asset classes and regions providing analysis in all sectors and markets in which the firm operates. Using an array of advanced tools, models and data our Research professionals offer clients original and actionable insights, reports, commentaries and strategies. Our team is committed to offering first-class research. It's what our clients expect from us and its core to our value proposition.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will partner closely with various external clients, internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research. Your days will be filled analysing data and building models to assist clients from across the sector. You’ll be able to recognise critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modelling/valuation process.
- Work closely with Australia and Healthcare Equity Research team supporting coverage on the Healthcare sector;
- Contribute to thematic sector reports on Australia and Healthcare Research team or cross-sector collaborations with other teams;
- Handle day to day client requests and needs, with a focus on clients who have interest in the Australia and Healthcare sector;
- Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type;
- Organise fact-finding trips and channel-check meetings upon clients’ bespoke requests or for investors tours;
- Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- 3 years of working experience in research;
- Prefer experience (but not required) of working in Australia and Healthcare research ;
- Ability to independently arrange fact-finding trips and channel checks meetings;
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
- Ability to discuss in detail you understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
- Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management