|Job Type:||Full Time|
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the fixed income front office; you will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of trade strategies.
Supporting day to day client requests and needs.
- Understand market drivers and be on top of market moves, and develop an appreciation of cross-asset implications
- Independently resolve P&L reconciliation on issues
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments; Provide a solution-based framework to business practice and clients; Take the initiative to make things better
- Cultivate an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and building a client franchise
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and effectively communicate these to clients
- Develop the tools to build a trading strategy, and work at fulfilling this strategy with effective execution.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
- Proactively share information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
- Play an active role in training and developing juniors; Take a leading role in people initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training)
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile P&L
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of each product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the direct costs of "doing business" along the transaction lifecycle;
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- English fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.