|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Team Leader - Fleet/Crew Planning and play a pivotal part in ensuring the safe and efficient planning and dispatch of rolling stock units and crew resources daily.
- Leading the use of major and complex systems/software such as IVU affecting key elements of the company’s core operations
- Leading, influencing and motivating team members (x2 Rail Schedulers and x2 Roster Clerks) in the achievement of performance objectives and culture change
- Recommending train service improvements and service quality to the Service Planning and Operational Performance Manager in consultation with the engineering department
- Establishing safety and operational standards/best practices for the day-to-day operations of rolling stock and human resources
- Ensuring the Master Timetable is adapted for all designated planned events and occupations
- Ensuring all service plans are within the Franchise Agreement constraints, EA constraints and cost envelope
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders such as Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT), trade unions, vendors and suppliers
- Ensuring service levels match expectations and passenger demands based on analysis and forecasts, considering rolling stock, driver constraints and operating environment
- Manage the service planning delivery at all levels: long term strategy, designated special events and occupations
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly operational reports
- Fostering a zero-harm culture with safety being a paramount factor
- This role is subjected to paid on-call rotation to perform crisis-management duties in case of emergency on the network.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics) with a data-driven profile
- Proven experience in public transport operations - rail practical experience will be highly regarded
- Proven experience in fast-paced environment with results to be delivered within tight timeframes
- Previous managerial experience would be advantageous, as you will need to often motivate, challenge and mentor staff
- Possessing highly developed technical skills to manage expectations regarding long/medium term fleet/crew planning
- Advanced data management skills with the added capabilities to solve complex problems with innovative solutions
- Previous experience of public transport operations with strong knowledge of relevant Franchise obligations, Awards, Enterprise Agreements, personnel policies and industrial relations
- Strong experience in the use of complex scheduling systems and their operating environments (IVU, Hastus, Railsys)
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Proven experience in change management by reviewing organisational structure and introducing continuous improvements
- Proven experience in implementing processes and best practices that drive safety, financial performance and operational excellence
- Effective communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to think objectively and critically in high-pressured situations
What we offer:
The Keolis Downer culture is one of engagement and enablement (we want to know what your ideas are and how we can help you implement them) and with a focus on developing our staff and identifying career pathways and enabling succession for them.
This role will report to the Service Planning and Operational Performance Manager
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full – time Permanent role based in Adelaide
This opportunity will have you be a part of the team as you ensure that rolling stock and crew member levels are as required for the smooth operation of the Metropolitan Adelaide train network. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring people are allocated the right shifts and all safety measures are not compromised. Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact Anita via email: email@example.com
(Note: Only applications submitted through the online vacancies will be considered.
Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email)