|Job Type:||Full Time|
What We're Like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care. If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
- Join a highly energetic and innovative team
- Be part of an exciting business transformation journey
- Enjoy a workplace flexibility culture
The Senior Business Analyst brings the Big W financial business plan to life through partnering with the business to advise on the delivery of the store operations profit and loss statement to grow customer advocacy through sustainable sales, profit improvement and business growth. Other responsibilities will include:
- A trusted Senior Partner to the Operations team to work within the profit and loss statement to deliver sales and profit improvement based on the strategic direction set by the GM of Finance and Executive Committee
- Use analysis and insights to communicate compelling stories and secure sponsorship with the Operations team to execute on the financial business plan to improve sales and profit to impact the profit and loss statement.
- Participate and provide advice to the budgeting process to drive an improvement in Operations performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Provides subject matter expertise in finance and cross-functional business reviews to drive continuous improvement and business performance.
- Proactively educates the Operations team on the value of Finance and collaborates effectively with the Finance team on Operations Finance to deliver a seamless experience
- Understand and work within disciplined ways of working to ensure timelines are met, stakeholders are engaged appropriately and processes are efficient and cost effective;
- Develop as a finance professional in consultation with your line manager a clear development and succession plan.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience as a operations senior business analyst for a successful retail business.
- Previous Experience as a known and trusted senior business partner in fast paced environment
- Commercial Acumen - Analytical thinking with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future.
- Solid communication skills with experience generating insights and recommendations from analysis
- High level of competency in working with different software, ideally SAP
What's in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus.
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths.
- Opportunity to join the most engaging team in the business.
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too.
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.