|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Group is preparing to partner with high profile customers in the Northern Territory to support innovative outcomes in the planning, operation and management of large infrastructure asset portfolios. The project will combine cutting edge technologies and data processing methodologies to deliver significant benefits to our customers and the broader Northern Territory community.
We are seeking to identify key individuals to join our team in a Project Management capacity. Our preference is for people currently living in, or willing to relocate to, Darwin.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring project activities are delivered on time, budget and to the required quality, all in accordance with Downer’s policies, procedures and values
- Delivering the projects objectives of zero harm, excellence in performance, and innovation and cost optimisation.
- Developing collaborative client relationships that ensure that we deliver on expectations and position for future work.
- Supporting local employment of project team members and the development of local capability in project delivery, software engineering and IT.
Required skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in Project, Engineering Management or post graduate qualifications preferred.
- Project Management Certification (PRINCE2, PMBOK, AGILE).
- Demonstrable and successful experience developing, implementing and managing project management functions for projects with project team and multiple subcontractors disparately located.
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior engineering or project management roles within Darwin, the Northern Territory, or regional cities. Experience delivering projects for the City of Darwin, Northern Territory Government or other local and state governments would be an advantage.
- Experience in preparation of contract financial summaries, commercial reporting and monthly reports.
- Experience in the business development campaigns, major opportunity capture activities and bid development.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the software development processes, capabilities and lifecycle and software as a service frameworks.
- Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency required
- The position will require some interstate travel
- Position is based in Darwin with preference given to local candidates currently based in Darwin. Interstate candidates will be considered but will be required to relocate to Darwin
POSITION TENURE AND TIMING:
The project is currently in the planning and proposal phase and Downer aims to commence work in April/May 2020. The project has an initial duration of approximately 12 months, but this may be extended if additional customers or scope are secured. It is Downer’s intention to build this project into a long-term and ongoing business.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)