At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software, and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure, and Industries. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive, and Empowered values.
Based within commuting distance of the Coleambally, Sunraysia, and Tailem Bend Solar Farm
Victoria ,we have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Solar team as a Field Service Technician. The successful candidate will be based on the site Monday to Friday (with paid training and overtime also available) and will be responsible for on-site maintenance, technical analysis, repair, commissioning, testing of medium voltage and low voltage Schneider Electric Solar Products.
Specific activities will include\:
- Provide after-sales support for our MV/LV Solar products, i.e. transformers, RMU, switchgear inverters, array boxes and SCADA
- Ensure that all service work in delivered efficiently, effectively and safely
- Attend to critical issues at key sites and manage customer relationships
- Represent Schneider Electric Solar business service excellence to our customer
Consideration for this role will require the following key attributes\:
- Current Electrical License for Victoria and electrical testing or servicing experience is essential
- MV Field Service Engineer training (Transformers, RMU, and Switchgear) preferred
- Highly competent in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams
- Experience in electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on PV solar inverters
- Experience with commissioning and/or troubleshooting of Schneider Electric product is advantageous
- Familiar with voltage testers, multimeters, current clamps, oscilloscopes, voltage test procedures, Lock Out-
- Tag Out, fibre-optics, ESD, accumulator charging, etc
- Willingness and desire to gain new knowledge, develop appropriate skills and embrace emerging modern technologies.
- Full and current Australian driver’s license a white card is essential
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace differences, and act like owners.
Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams, and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for an interview.