Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile, and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
The Contract Manager has commercial accountability for the contract, including but not limited to Contract Management and Contract Administration.
- Lead Target Budget Estimates (TBE) for the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) ACPC
- Monitor the performance of the contract and where necessary escalate issues and/or take corrective action
- Establish and maintain relevant contract specific insurances and performance guarantees
- Manage the insurances and warranty claims
- Provide advice to the program team in relation to contract rights and obligations
- Provide advice to the program team in relation to intellectual Property (IP)
- Develop and maintain the contract risk register
- Compile, submit and negotiate Contract Change Proposals (CCP’s)
- Report on status of Head Contract Deliverables, Milestones, CCP ‘s and Survey and Quote (S&Q)
- Lead the Head Contract reporting
- Lead all S&Q estimate approval
- Ensure all project variations are processed in accordance with head contract and/or subcontracts
- Tertiary qualifications in a related commercial field or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Management, Contract Management and Contract Administration roles
- Experience in a procurement capacity
- Experience of Government contracts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Experience in Alliance and Joint Ventures
- Prior experience in Defence sector
- Experience in SAP
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and a requirement for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.