|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will lead a team of 12-18 global architects located in the Americas, EMEA and APJ driving the enablement of high quality delivery outcomes with colleagues in the timezones. You and your team will be working closely with WW and Timezone Delivery leadership, Community champions, product Group & engineering teams, Marketing, and peer SAO teams.
Success requires both a passion for high quality solution delivery and a desire to lead and shape our transformation in collaboration with the many stakeholders involved.
The Architect Manager is a leadership position in which you will be accountable for the results and execution of your direct reports, with core activities that will include:
- Balancing a complex portfolio of programme work across a global team of 12-18 and their collaborators in peer teams around the world
- Leading the reporting and overall management of the above portfolio
- Hiring, growing & developing talented and diverse individuals across the globe to be strong individual contributors and highly collaborative participants
- Balancing the team metrics to meet business contribution targets, and meeting the goals of the team and individuals
- Balancing the team’s requirements to both support reactive requests to support timezone sales & delivery teams, with the proactive delivery of global programmes
- Leading the global Domain Community and driving participation, knowledge sharing, IP discovery/reuse working closely with Time Zones sales & delivery teams, Technology and Role-based community leads, engineering and marketing teams
- Planning, leading and orchestrating regular team & community calls
- Working closely with solution marketing teams (SST) on leveraging presales & delivery IP and methods to assist in the creation of Offering IP and vice versa
- Work with Chief Architect & Peer managers to determine priorities for global programmes, skilling, IP etc.
- Serving as a channel for feedback from the field around readiness needs
Working closely with Services HQ teams to help develop sales, IP, compete, and GTM strategies and execution approaches
- 10 years’ relevant industry experience delivering business value to enterprise customers
You should bring the following to this critical role:
- A BSc/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant industry experience delivering business value to enterprise customers
- Global experience involving technology consulting, solution presales, solution design, envisioning, planning, IP reuse and creation
- Able to establish trusted advisor relationships with senior and executive levels within Microsoft and sustain stakeholder relationship over time
- Direct people management experience of remote teams of more than 10 Microsoft FTE’s for more than 2 fiscal years, including ownership of employee recruitment, development, feedback, and impact reviews
- Relevant field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from Microsoft’s application platform competitors
A deep and global understanding of markets, customers, and technology; have the background to provide leadership in the organization and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.