|Location:||New South Wales, Wollongong|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
We are bold , imaginative , respectful, and compassionate .
About the opportunity
As a Local Admission Officer you will be a core part of the South Coast Residential Team, responsible for ensuring a welcoming introduction for prospective residents as they interact with Uniting when looking for Residential Aged Care options. This role is responsible for ensuring all residents enquiries are answered and all options are explored when it comes to making decisions on their future.
This role is based in South Coast and will require frequent weekly travel to all facilities around the South Coast region including Unanderra, Wollongong, Nowra and Gerringong. This is a full time permanent position.
- Ensure all incoming enquiries are answered and relevant communication is entered into the CRM
- Communicate with potential residents, their families and other key stakeholders in relation to prospective entry to residential care
- Promote the Uniting Residential Aged Services and working to ensure the right match of resident to service based on Care needs, financial situation and Lifestyle options
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Cert IV in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Full Drivers Licence
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve difficult situations
- High attention to detail and and time management
- Experience using client/data management systems
- Great Organisation and time management skills
- Empathetic attitude towards others
- Insight and understanding of the aged care industry
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Work as part of a dynamic, engaged Property Development Team
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent Salary Packaging benefits available
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks and working with children checks.