- Challenge yourself with an exciting work environment
- 12-month fixed term position with flexible working arrangements
- $103,754 plus Super
We’re embracing technology.
Care to join us on our journey to innovation?
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide.
About the role:
As part of the Business Analyst Centre of Excellence, provide specialist expertise to elicit, analyse, communicate, validate, and manage requirements for changes to systems and business processes. Working closely with the business managing requirements through the lifecycle to meet business needs and provide recommendations for process redesign and improvements and business solutions, enabling changes to processes, policy and/or information.
What the role will offer:
- Delivering that part of Information Technology Group’s end-to-end process from receipt of the business problem statement or ideation through definition of the Investment Plan and managing requirements through the delivery lifecycle to meet business needs, utilising a diverse range of perspectives including Waterfall, Agile, Information Technology and/or business process management.
- Identify stakeholders and work collaboratively to elicit and analyse business requirements and engage with and inform key stakeholder groups.
- Facilitate and support the business with guidance and advice on what requirements might best fit the Corporation’s needs in an acceptable and sustainable way.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing streamlining opportunities across the business and preparing relevant process mapping through industry standard system processes.
- Maintain a high level of engagement with stakeholders and project teams to ensure that projects and initiatives are tracked and managed to completion.
- Identify and analyse inefficiencies, current process flow, process problems and collaborate with relevant teams to recommend optimal business practices, processes and solutions as may be required from time to time by Information Technology Group.
- Support the Centre of Excellence and Section to complete any activities required to achieve successful outcomes for the Projects and Program Delivery team.
- Support Program Delivery in the end to end development of project documentation including communications, testing, change management strategies and training, testing, process mapping and plans in order to sustain digital transformation.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure risks are managed according to agreed Corporate and Information Technology Group risk frameworks.
- Manage regular status reporting to provide complete transparency and assurance of the project’s timely progress and management of risk.
Key skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Certification with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) or equivalent
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in applying the IIBA BABOK and IIBA Agile Extension
- Considerable experience as a Digital Business Analyst or equivalent.
- Experience in having worked within a large multi-disciplinary organisation going through transformation.
- Knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in applying of agile principles and methodologies including Scrum and/or XP, Lean and Kanban Software Development
- Proven experience in managing, organising, and reporting functional activities to deliver organisational outcomes
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Please note: By applying for this role, you are consenting to your current and previous line managers being contacted as references. It is strongly recommended that all internal applicants advise their line manager of any applications for acting or permanent positions prior to applying.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close 21st May 2021
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Management Plan and People Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.