|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
Agency Securities Lending is an investment overlay strategy that enhances the intrinsic value of a portfolio of securities by generating alpha or income which can be used to increase a portfolio’s return.
Agency Lending Traders are responsible for the discretionary lending trading activities across fixed income and equities assets which are held within the J.P. Morgan Agency Securities Lending program.
Agency Lending Cash Reinvestment traders are responsible for the management of a client’s cash collateral portfolio, in accordance with a client’s investment guidelines, regulatory requirements and effective risk management. The main objectives of the portfolio management team are capital preservation, revenue optimization, portfolio diversification and liquidity management.
Both teams work closely with Operations, Technology, Sales, Relationship Management, Legal, Compliance and other key internal business partners.
- Act as an SME for APAC lending markets with a primary focus on ANZ.
- Participate in the portfolio construction, efficient implementation, risk and performance analysis of segregated client accounts for AUD Cash reinvestment purposes.
- Identify appropriate investment and trading opportunities with a focus across Asia-Pacific markets.
- Work closely with senior trading to leverage technology and analytics to optimize multi-asset trading and portfolio management opportunities.
- Understand the importance of effective risk management and possess a strong risk and control mindset.
- Maintain an acute awareness of the market environment and provide relevant and timely commentary to stakeholders to ensure transparency and optimal communication flows.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing trading counterparts as well as internal business partners.
- Work closely with Operations stakeholders to ensure seamless trading efficiencies.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience – Equities and/or Fixed Income and/or Cash Reinvestment
- Proven delivery skills
- Knowledge of securities lending trends, money markets, capital markets, economic theory, central bank policy and portfolio management theory
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, defend their validity and tailor messages towards different audiences
- Advanced Excel, excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and prioritize appropriately
- An ability to effectively manage relationships, both internal and external
- CFA qualifications are an advantage
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to retain our Silver Employer status in the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.