At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
About the Role
Nickel West are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of Construction Specialist to be based in the Northern Operations capital projects team.
The role will manage the construction phase for small projects and reports to a Construction Lead - Project Delivery. We will consider all candidates, including those who are looking for a step-up from their current position, as opportunities will be provided to develop into the role.
In the role your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the project team to actively review project documents for successful construction, identification of gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Engage and manage stakeholders including production, maintenance, contractors and other functional groups during the construction lifecycle
- Contribute to a safety-orientated culture, including construction safety risk management, field leadership and managing construction risk in line with project framework
- Manage construction reporting, quality assurance and construction verification
- Manage construction logistics, procurement of preliminaries general, equipment laydown, contractor mobilisation and VOC’s
- Manage project construction scope change
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. In addition to demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
- Minimum trade qualification or tertiary degree in engineering
- Previous management experience of contractors
- Heavy industry or resources experience
Working on a Fly in Fly out basis from Perth (flexible roster arrangements available) to our Western Australia Nickel West sites, you will enjoy outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages including; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted soccer court, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 36573
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.