At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play. Come and be a part of this success.
It’s an exciting time to be at Olympic Dam, we are accessing 70% of the orebody that hasn’t been touched in the first 25 years of operation, in one of Australia’s largest mines within a complex minerals processing operation.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam or Adelaide, on a variety of rosters, with residential or FIFO options available at Olympic Dam.
About the role
The Specialist Production Data provides support to all users accessing the Olympic Dam Mine Design Database. The main function is to ensure that accurate configuration of both users and processes are built into the software used to manage the Data. The role looks at maintaining and improving current workflows to optimise the mine design process at Olympic Dam. You will also be required to oversee the input & output of large complex datasets ensuring that accurate details have been attributed. Any changes made to the datasets introduce a level of risk that needs to be understood and managed. Working in a team that drives continuous improvement projects across the wider Mine Planning Team. In this position you will:
- Manage the configuration of the software, user access, linking necessary processes and approvals.
- Work with software developers to increase performance of the software specifically for Olympic Dam.
- Troubleshoot and develop sustainable fixes to problems encountered with the software on a daily basis.
- Understand how data is saved so it can be recovered if required.
- Create and improve templates used to generate mine designs.
- Understand basic mining processes to formulate process maps to simplify long complex tasks.
- Upload/ modify approved data into the database.
- Document processes to ensure the information can be easily transferred.
- Be involved in the latest Mine Design software and configuration improvements.
You will have a broad understanding of the mining and processing industry. Computer literacy with the latest mining software packages, background knowledge of Deswik MDM and CAD is favourable. Other attributes will include:
- Attention to detail and accuracy to change large amounts of data efficiently.
- Able to prioritise and deliver on tasks or provide feedback to stakeholders on issues.
- Ability to respectfully and constructively work within the Olympic Dam operations team
- Adhere to and demonstrate BHP Billiton Charter Values
- Encourage and promote continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve safety, productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Understand the safe work systems, procedures and standards in use and translate them through safety by design.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.