|Job Type:||Full Time|
Endeavour Group was created in 2020 through the restructure and merger of the Woolworths Group drinks and hospitality businesses. With a strong track record of growth, combined these businesses form the leading customer franchise in drinks and hospitality in Australia.
United behind a common purpose of ‘Creating a more sociable future together’, we are a 28,000+ strong team with more than 1600 stores and 330 hotels nationally, including leading brands such as Dan Murphy’s, BWS and ALH Hotels.
Endeavour Group is expected to separate from Woolworths during calendar year 2021 and will be well-positioned as an ASX Top 50 Company. Join the team at an exciting time in their evolution!
About the role
As a result of the Endeavour Group separation from Woolworths, a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced tax professional to join Endeavour Group. The role will be part of a specialised tax team within the corporate finance function of the Endeavour Group.
This role will primarily be responsible for managing the indirect taxation affairs of the Endeavour Group, but will also support tax compliance for direct taxes and other corporate projects as required.
- Support the establishment of the Endeavour Tax function, including designing and embedding tax processes and procedures
- Build effective relationships within the business to facilitate involvement and referral in the management of indirect tax obligations
- Provide tax advice on a range of indirect tax matters, including excise, wine equalisation tax, GST, stamp duty, payroll taxes and other matters (such as acquisitions or restructures) as required
- Determine implications of any relevant indirect tax reform measures, including implementation of a roadmap for compliance (where required), ensuring effective outcomes for Endeavour
- Ensure compliance with indirect tax obligations and timely management of indirect tax issues, including lodgment of the monthly Business Activity Statements
- Manage or support external reviews or audits and undertake any internal reviews or other strategies to identify and mitigate risks and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- You’re currently an CA/CPA qualified tax professional with at least 6 years experience in a large accounting firm and/or large ASX listed corporate business who is looking to take on a new challenge that requires strong analytical skills and tax technical expertise.
- You have excellent understanding of GST legislation and principles & are experienced in working with Corporates to deal with a range of tax issues.
- With clear & effective communication & strong interpersonal skills, you build long-lasting business relationships, able to negotiate and influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- You are passionate about being part of a team environment in a collaborative and consultative manner
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks and hospitality businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH Hotels and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. At Endeavour Group we value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating a more sociable future – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Endeavour Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.