|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Key role within our IT Finance team
- Clear autonomy and accountability
- Exposure to the Woolworths Senior leaders
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Analyst to join our IT Finance team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Finance IT, the primary responsibility of this role is to partner with senior leaders of IT and IT Finance to drive industry leading returns on the investment in IT at Woolworths.
In this role, you will
- Play a key role in the management of IT Finance
- Partner with the IT Exco to provide strong Financial Governance and Insights
- Provide financial leadership and commercial acumen to management surrounding investment decisions through business case development and assessment
- Work with Program / Project Managers to prepare financial models to support business cases including incorporating a benefits tracking plan
- Work with and coach Program / Project Managers to drive continuous efficiency through effective financial controls and governance
- Maintain strong controls over all levels of financial reporting for the Foundation program including the budget process
- Provide input to and collaborate and share information with the wider IT Finance function
- Perform commercial and financial analysis on contracts
- Manage relationships with key finance stakeholders, including Corporate Finance and Commercial Advisory Services
- Prepare packs and presentations to explain the progress of IT investment to stakeholders including Business Units
This is an exciting time to join the leadership team as we embark upon a transformational journey! We are seeking an individual to assist us in meeting the ever-evolving needs of our customers. To be successful in this role, ideally you will demonstrate considerable experience in the following key areas:
- Relevant financial/accounting degree and professional qualifications such as CA/CPA
- 5+ years experience in an analytical role within a large complex organisation
- Previous experience in building financial models to support contract negotiation and business cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Advanced in project governance fundamentals and understanding of delivery methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day.
- Competitive remuneration package, including salary sacrificing and incentives;
- Working with a reputable brand with career advancement opportunities as well as ongoing training and development;
- Team member discounts and social club; and
- An inclusive and diverse workplace.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.