|Job Type:||Full Time|
We believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt, and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join UGL, whereas a key member of a highly experienced team within the Utilities business you will work on projects within the Power and Water infrastructure sector.
About the role
As the Senior Project Accountant, you will be responsible for establishing and controlling project finances, deep diving into data and generating financial reports, providing insight, and leading process improvement in the tracking and management of financial and cost data. Working with the Project Manager(s), you will provide necessary financial support to maximise contract outcomes and allow the business to clearly establish a projects likely net financial position at completion.
- Act as the main point of contact for project manager(s) for all financial matters.
- Accountable for ensuring the month end process is run in an efficient and timely manner, complying with time schedules as per set deadlines. Active hands on participation to ensure business unit meets all deadlines
- Ensure budgets and forecasts for all relevant projects within the portfolio are appropriately forecast and uploaded into SAP
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to work with a dispersed business team, provide insightful information and implement solutions that guide proactive decision making that achieve the desired business outcome.
- Degree qualified in Commerce or Accounting
- CPA/CA or Equivalent is essential
- Proven experience in similar construction roles.
- Experience with SAP is desirable
- Advanced Excel
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive, and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients, and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within, rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises, and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
UGL does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, UGL explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of UGL and in the absence of a signed Agreement, UGL will not consider or agree to payment of any recruitment fee.