|Location:||Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Harness CSIRO’s science in sustainability to target private sector needs, enable action and progress
- Establish the research to industry value chain for science-based sustainability services
- Drive the Handprint initiative from inception to commercialisation
CSIRO HandPrint is a commercial vehicle for CSIRO to achieve impact at scale for its sustainability science. Sustainability is a long-standing challenge for the private sector, due to the lack of appropriate tools, know-how and approaches to progress it. HandPrint is designed to harness CSIRO’s science in sustainability and deliver it in a manner that targets private sector needs and enables action and progress. Through software licencing and bespoke delivery models, HandPrint will create the research to industry value chain for science-based sustainability services. The Company Formation Strategy Leader also serves as deputy leader for the initiative from inception to commercialisation.
Your duties will include:
- Identify, investigate & recommend the most appropriate structure for Handprint to maximise delivery effectiveness, commercialisation outcomes & science impact for CSIRO.
- Develop & test the business vision, value proposition, business model and business strategy for Handprint.
- Oversee the development of a cross-BU portfolio of projects for Handprint to ensure a sustainable revenue pipeline - providing leadership in negotiations, account management & lead generation.
- Lead a significant research translation effort, including management and delivery of a portfolio of projects involving a number of customers.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships, based on knowledge of the client’s business and by identifying underlying needs.
- Conceive ideas for new projects based on industry/community problems and identify potential sources of funding.
- Act as a trusted advisor and use knowledge of trends in R&D to demonstrate creativity in anticipating and adapting quickly to changes in client needs and market changes.
- Liaise with the business manager and/or account managers to assess the commercial opportunities and to protect intellectual property.
- Work with commercial development staff to manage HandPrint business interactions with a variety of clients, involving the negotiation of multi-party agreements/contracts, including developing and promoting the benefit of the proposed initiative, developing the approach to negotiation and assisting other staff with strategies to promote their service and/or product.
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of CSIRO HandPrint, at the project level, developing new commercial opportunities to the informal commitment stage.
Location: Brisbane preferred, Canberra and Melbourne may be considered
Salary: AU$136k – AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, with an immediate start date
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD with relevant practical experience in environmental management, natural resource management, or the management sciences or managerial/commercial qualifications and significant experience and depth of science understanding from a research or industry perspective in sustainability.
- Experience in commercialisation of science-based solutions and the use of incubator tools and processes.
- Experience in developing portfolio-based strategies, business plans and go-to-market strategies for science-based offerings.
- Excellent science-translation skills, preferably targeted towards the business sector.
- Strong project management skills supported by evidence of strong attention to detail and use of agile strategies in fast-paced environments.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 May 2021, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT