|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of HR experience as a Business Partner or Generalist, and/or in a consulting or legal role.
- Experience with change and program management.
- Master's degree or MBA.
- Effective consulting and coaching skills, with the ability to build relationships with leaders and a complex set of stakeholders across all levels, functions and geographies to implement organizational change.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Demonstrated bias for strategy and action. Comfortable working in the details and day-to-day, as well as being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
About the job
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be an advocate of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching our clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of the leadership team - a thought leader of people and organizational topics who understands every aspect of the business. You will create the people strategy that will support Googlers in realizing their goals, using data to guide your work and being comfortable challenging convention - and in some cases reinvent how work is done.
You’ll partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute the strategy for how we hire, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize Googlers. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside teams across Google to get things done, including rolling out key programs such as compensation, performance, and talent development.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Consult with Google's leaders to create a comprehensive people strategy to support the business and influence change. Act as a trusted advisor, coach leaders and play a key role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness.
- Offer thought-leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Build organizational health by ensuring that the organization is structured in a way that helps achieve business objectives.
- Lead a client group through core HR processes and provide expertise in career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs and strategic development.
- Work in partnership with peers in People Operations, including People Development, Staffing, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits and Google People Services Operations to provide valuable support, programs and developmental offerings.