|Job Type:||Full Time|
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Spec, Quality
Job Location – Australia-Queensland-Brisbane (Eight Mile Plains)
Job ID – SAS20202311-53528
The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for hands-on support for various activities of our Quality Assurance system.
- Plan and conduct internal process and product audits
- Perform follow-up audits to review effectiveness of corrective actions
- Perform supplier source inspections and audits
- Release certification of products
- Coordinate investigation of quality issues and failure trends
- Review supplier FAI’s and conduct FAI’s of complex assemblies to AS9102
- Provide regular activity and status reports
- Support document reviews and approvals
- Maintain the equipment calibration database
- Participate with NPD teams to support smooth NPI
- Participate in Risk Management activities
- Participate in configuration management activities
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Train and coach to ensure employees are well equipped to understand QMS processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by QA Manager
- Self motivated with strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
- Well developed auditing skills
- Able to work independently as well as in collaboration with other teams and functional areas
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- SixSigma Green Belt
- Hands-on experience with QA processes within manufacturing and assembly of complex mechanical and electronic assemblies
- Good communication skills
- Critical and logical thinking
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and improvements
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing / assembly operations preferably in Aerospace
- NV-1 security clearance (or able to obtain)
Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance as a condition of their employment.
Candidates will only be considered for a position at L3 Harris Technologies if they are eligible to hold a security clearance.
A NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL ONE (NV1) security clearance is required for this position. Candidates must be an Australian citizen and have a checkable background of at least 10 years. A current NV1 security clearance is highly desirable.
Further information on security clearance eligibility requirements can be found on the AGSVA website
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview