Requisition ID: 39643
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Principal Project Manager to join the Infrastructure group in Sydney.
We are looking to hire a senior level individual who contributes to the growth and development of the NSW region and who can take control of large civil engineering projects. As a Principal Project Manager, you will be involved in the development of our local office and local brand, as well as be a key partner in the recruitment and business development of the Region. You will also play a key local role in developing a strong relationship with other Hatch offices and Hatch Globally.
If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Infrastructure team today!
As the successful candidate, you will be:
- Supporting the development of the NSW business strategy and plan;
- Participating in administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives;
- Directing, coordinating and expediting activities of department for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives;
- Meeting clients, demonstrating firm's capabilities, determining clients’ needs, and preparing proposals based on estimated work-hours and fees;
- Acting as the Company representative with the client and subcontractors during the project execution;
- Coordinating several varied assignments simultaneously;
- Leading multi-disciplinary design project teams and resources for infrastructure projects;
- Responsible for project planning, performance, risk, issue resolution, delivery and scheduling;
- Co-ordinating with project managers and discipline engineers and ensuring consistency in execution of project management activities to assure that clients’ work is completed on time, on budget and within Hatch’s quality standards;
- Involved with both private and public sector clients, liaising with government approval agencies, coordinating with utility companies, and working with key stakeholders;
- Identifying potential business development with existing clients and taking an active or lead role in the proposal process;
- Providing training to staff members to further their careers and improving their capabilities for the benefit of the company;
- Applying intensive/diversified knowledge of engineering/scientific principles/practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields;
- Contributing to the region through leadership;
- Representing the company at all levels.
- A champion of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role:
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience and relevant civil industry experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or relevant engineering discipline preferred;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification an asset;
- Working experience within multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Experience as lead design engineer, design manager and project manager.
- Experience leading and managing to conclusion multi-year, multi-disciplinary, multi-phase projects of significant value projects over $500 million dollars;
- Understanding of the build & construction phases of projects;
- Demonstrated experience with PPP markets and D&C contract delivery;
- Extensive people management skills including development and mentoring;
- Demonstrable business development and planning including bid preparation;
- Active industry network in Sydney and NSW;
- Track record in a consultancy with extensive exposure to client-facing work;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively; build relationships and influence effectively, with colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Why join us?
- Think globally, act locally
- Engage people who make a difference
- Apply your business and technical expertise to grow a key part of the Hatch business
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Collaborate with leading consultants and technical experts towards a better world through positive change
- The opportunity to drive your career
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.