|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you have experience in food science or analytical chemistry?
- Use your skills to add value to Australia’s primary food industries
- Join CSIRO Agriculture and Food and make a difference!
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is seeking a Research Technician – Food Research to join the Food Chemistry team, located at the Werribee site. In this diverse role, you will provide general laboratory and scientific technical support in analytical chemistry and biochemistry. Through this work, you will support strategic and applied research, development and innovation, directed at adding value to Australia’s primary food industries.
Your duties will include:
- Under direction, taking responsibility for the efficient planning, scheduling and execution of a wide range of research projects in the general laboratories.
- Performing general laboratory duties such as sample preparation, cleaning, operation and maintenance of laboratory wares, analytical equipment and related software, maintaining safe working practices that support the research activities of the Food Program.
- Purchasing consumables and maintenance of equipment in a timely manner to ensure completion of experimental work and procedures.
- Undertaking experiments, laboratory analyses or technology development activities using a range of techniques, that may include nitrogen analysis, chromatographic techniques, texture analysis and rheology, particle size analysis and other routine laboratory analysis.
Location: Melbourne (Werribee), VIC
Salary: AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in food science and technology, chemistry or biochemistry, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- A sound understanding of, and demonstrated capability in, laboratory skills in food science and/or analytical chemistry.
- A history of developing methods and overcoming technical and practical problems in the areas of physical and/or analytical chemistry using GC-MS or LC-MS for example.
- The ability to manage projects such as scheduling, monitoring and completing tasks, coupled with the agility and willingness to concurrently work on multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 May 2021, 11:00 pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.