At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking a Specialist Control Operations Support to join the Surface Control Operations team. Working with the Control Operations team and Production Execution teams and reporting to the Control Operations Supervisor - Development, your communication skills and proactive nature will enable you to create opportunities for new and existing team members in Control Operations. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Delivery of Control Operations Inductions & Basic Training
- Reviewing content of operational training programs & training packages.
- Coordinating improvement of training packages.
- Development & coordination of training plans with new team members.
- Communication and building of solid relationships with Production Execution teams.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, organisational capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across operational teams. Key requirements include:
- Certificate in Training and Assessing preferred
- Demonstrated capability to coordinate complex logistical tasks
- Effective analytical and assessment of training programs
- A current driver’s license
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.