|Location:||Adelaide, Arundel, Bendigo, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of Australia’s most trusted brands, our customers trust us every day to manage their banking, business, wealth, loans and insurance.
Consumer Banking Risk (CBR) is a centre of expertise for risk management across the whole of the Consumer Banking Division and provides strategy, risk appetite, governance, policy and framework support to the businesses within Consumer Banking to drive sound risk management practice. This includes providing guidance, assistance and support to relevant Board & Board/Management Committee members, Senior Management, internal and external stakeholders and providing leadership to enhance the further development of a strong risk culture across Consumer Banking.
About the role
We have great opportunity for Operational Risk Officer , and reporting to the Senior Manager, Consumer Risk you will be responsible for embedding the Operational Risk Management Framework within Consumer Banking by ensuring all risk activities and events are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner and escalated. This is a great developmental opportunity if you have some exposure and or experience in operational risk and are eager to peruse a career as an operational risk specialist
Key responsibilities include
- Perform all activities required for embedding and management of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF)
- Investigate all events and for recording and completing required assessments
- Proactively monitor and assess risk environment, sharing of information, reporting and escalation of any breaches
- Support the production of papers for and providing input into the Divisional Operational Risk Committee Meeting
- Support the review of Treatment Plans, Scenario Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Control Validations.
- Support the preparation and validation of responses for the relevant division’s Risk Declaration.
To be successful you will have
- Tertiary qualifications or certifications in Banking, Finance or Business-related fields highly desirable.
- Operational Risk experience in Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Understanding and practical working knowledge of Operational Risk Frameworks
- Understanding of banking operations, products, policies and procedures with previous experience across consumer banking segments highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
What we offer
- Innovative leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close COB Wednesday 12th May 2021
Please note shortlisting and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date, so don't delay apply now!
For further information about this opportunity please contact Libby Prouse Senior Recruitment Advisor on (03) 8643 4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.