Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Enabling growth by helping our team members to make smart use of technology is the role of our Enterprise Technology team. We are in the process of paving the road for our next phase of growth and seek an Enterprise Architect to understand our business needs and help build a technology blueprint that will enable that growth. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to shape how technology is used by one of Australia’s fastest growing companies.
As an Enterprise Architect you will be responsible for defining the target state technology architecture for Afterpay, and building the roadmap to achieve the target state. You will work with various stakeholders across our business to understand their business capabilities and needs, and use those insights to build the plan for a new target state. You will also be responsible for defining the framework to govern the procurement of apps and technologies in alignment with the target state architectures.
We are looking for someone who is highly versatile, a natural influencer, customer centric and a first class communicator to bring this position to life at Afterpay. The right applicant will also be familiar with modern technology patterns - for example, at Afterpay we are cloud native, including our Enterprise Technology estate. Although this is an Enterprise Technology role, we leverage many of the same techniques and technologies that our product teams use to power our merchant and consumer experience.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
● Partner with business leaders to understand business goals and requirements.
● Determine and document required technology capabilities
● Work with peers to understand required skills and resourcing
● Sell the benefits of the target state, help incentivise adoption design and implement the framework to govern the procurement of apps and technologies
● Create and help operate a technology lifecycle including end-of-life for enterprise tech assets
● Build effective stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation
● Take into consideration organisational needs around scale, agility, cost and compliance
● Keep current with new technologies and architectures
● Forming a thought-leader relationship with technology teams across the business
● Support the development of IT policies, guidelines, standards, reference architectures, and roadmaps
Who are you?Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
● A self-starter and someone who thrives when delivering at pace
● A natural influencer who enjoys driving people towards a solution
● A technologist who loves finding elegant solutions to tricky problems
● 10+ years experience within the IT industry with 5+ years of experience on complex projects as an Enterprise Architect
● Demonstrable track record in leading architecture, design, development or deployment of a wide range of IT solutions
● Experience in modern technology environments including environments that have leveraged DevOps and agile principles
● Experience delivering Infrastructure based architecture solutions in complex project environments including cloud based technologies
● Track record of delivering through being analytical and, organised
● Demonstrable understanding emerging trends in software service architectures, cloud/hosting
● Skills that are advantageous to the role include
● Experience with AWS / cloud technologies and services
● Networking and security experience
● Experience with CI/CD
● Experience with identity and access management solutions
● Experience with microservices and containerisation
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you:
We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.