|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
The Procurement and Contract Specialist will provide support to both the Commercial Lead and the System Engineer by the following:
- Work independently and drive the Contract Change proposals and maintain key governing documents
- Undertake any of the duties of the Commercial Lead as required.
- Support the Engineer in research or document development activities
- Start to end Contract Change Proposals (variations)
- Support the RFT, Evaluation and Contract
- Manage the governance of the procurement activity including the Risk Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Procurement Planning, Tender Evaluation Working Group, SPS Procurement Team meetings
- Provide Contract and Product management support to the Product Manager including but not limited to: attending contractor meetings, undertaking ad hoc tasks to support contracts, undertaking data analytics as required and individual capability allows
The Procurement Contract Specialist attributes: This role will suit a high level commercial generalist that must have procurement and contract management experience. It would be beneficial if the candidate has ICT or ASDEFCON experience however this is not a necessity. The person will be able to work independently and within a team environment. The person will be able to undertake instructions clearly and be able to use their initiative to drive outcomes align with team outcomes. The person must be able to work in a high paced challenging environment and be able to adapt to a slower pace throughout downtimes.
- An experienced Commercial professional who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Defence and/or CASG experience.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- ASDEFCON experience.
- An NV1 clearance or above.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.