|Job Type:||Full Time|
Energy Efficiency Lead
- Join a business with a long term commitment to sustainability
- Permanent full time role
- Varied career development opportunities
- Flexible on location across the country
The Woolworths Format & Network Development Team are a national team of over 650 people, responsible for developing retail stores of the future. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers everyday.
We design through creating technology-led, retail store formats that are purpose built for our customers and teams. We innovate by focusing on sustainable energy management, technology, and working with our suppliers, service providers and operations teams to move towards a healthier planet. We maintain all aspects of our supermarkets stores through having highly specialised, skilled team members across all trades. Every choice we make is designed with our customers and teams at the heart.
At Woolworths we have a long term view of sustainability, the impact we have on the environment and communities in which we operate. In this role, you’ll be at the forefront of supporting our Sustainability Strategy, working towards a 63% CO2 refrigerant emission reduction of 2015 baseline by 2030, and net positive emissions by 2050.
As a key member of the Woolworths Energy team, in this role you will identify, develop and deliver energy efficiency capital initiatives focused on air-conditioning and refrigeration in our stores. You will also develop, refine and utilise data and analytics tools to maximise energy efficiency opportunities. You will be encouraged to explore new ideas and concepts to challenge the status quo of how we do things. Ultimately, you will help ensure the facilities management services delivered to our customers are at the highest levels and that we operate as a Proactive, Responsive and Efficient service model.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Development and deployment of capital initiative project work specifically aligned to refrigeration, mechanical and air conditioning systems
- Tracking, monitoring and analysis of energy efficiency projects to ensure the successful realisation of identified benefits.
- Utilisation of analytics to understand and resolve operational exceptions to efficient equipment operation
- Driving stakeholder engagement and management of initiatives
- Interpretation of asset data and translation into initiatives that drive continuous improvement
- Assessing new technologies and strategies from industry that are applicable and making business recommendations
- Advising on best practice activities within the building and services market (considering energy, emissions and maintenance) with a view to establishing life cycle cost reductions
- Developing strategic partnerships with key suppliers and service providers
- Implementing strategies for selection and management of consultants and contractors for energy efficiency projects
- Leverage asset data flows to critically analyse, benchmark to drive best practice and promote improved engagement of key stakeholders.
Who we’re looking for
Key attributes we’re looking for are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, controls automation, mechanical services or a related trade background, and / or equivalent experience relating to energy management
- Proven ability to initiate and implement energy and greenhouse minimisation strategies
- Sound understanding of integrated automation & controls including mechanical & electrical systems to drive asset optimisation
- Strong analytical, statistical and modelling skills, with experience manipulating and ‘making sense’ of big data from diverse systems
- Project management skills, specifically in project initiation, documentation and implementation management
- Experience in any of the following industries will be highly regarded: Energy Management, building control systems, HVAC or refrigeration
Why you’ll love it here
Some of the benefits of joining Woolworths include:
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
- Team member discounts at Woolworths businesses
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
If this sounds like your next career opportunity, apply now!
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.